1. Health
Daniel More, MD

Have a Cough That Won't Go Away?

By January 18, 2010

Coughing is an extremely common reason why people go see their doctor. Some people seek help when they've been coughing for days, while other may wait years before going to the doctor. While the reason for a cough can usually be identified, and the cause treated, people with a chronic cough can be some of the most difficult cases to treat. If you, or someone you know, has a chronic cough, then read the following articles and find out the cause of your symptoms!

Read more:

Comments
January 23, 2010 at 4:30 pm
(1) Pablosh and the anti-allergy says:

Some days I feel like I am allergic to all kind of things, furniture, books, clothing and more. Other days I am not affected at all…

April 16, 2010 at 4:49 pm
(2) alisha says:

my mom hasz been coughing and she dosent call
the doctor she has been taking zyrtec and shes been taking cough Meds but her voice sounds horriable
it sound like an old hagg please help me with it please
shes drivin me nuts i dont know what to do

April 19, 2010 at 4:06 pm
(3) alexus says:

on friday i start coughing very much but it won,t get away when i cough my body has a tickle so please help me now!

July 21, 2012 at 10:20 am
(4) Sara says:

Alisha, I see you posted about your mom a little over a year ago. I was wondering if you ever figured out why she was coughing so long and problems with her voice?

My mom has the same thing and she doesn’t have any insurance and she can’t afford to go to the doctor.
I’m worried it might be serious. Some days she can barely talk and you can hear her straining to speak.
Any doctors here that can help?

July 15, 2013 at 4:14 am
(5) rima says:

Sara and alicia, my mom has the same problem, its been like 8 months. Did you guys figure out what was wrong?

August 8, 2013 at 11:33 am
(6) Candy says:

Sara,Alicia,Rima ,i have the same cough I have been to the Dr. and had Lung XRAYS nothing wrong so they say but they don’t know way i cough they said they can put me on a puffer(no thank you). I have no INS.

January 2, 2014 at 11:54 pm
(7) Casey says:

My mom has been coughing and she says It’s nothing but I’m getting worried cuz she’s coughing at night and it prevents her from sleep. Sometimes I cry in secret cuz it scares me to death. I was always a mamas girl and it breaks my heart to see her like this. But after reading candy’s comment it helped a lot. I read up and she could have asthma… But like candy said its nothing. Thank you!