Education is Key!
Arming yourself with knowledge about your allergic disease is one of the most important steps in coping with your allergies. Education provides you with the power to recognize symptoms early and treat them before they get worse. Various tools, such as asthma action plans and food allergy treatment plans can make the difference between life and death -- literally -- when dealing with severe allergies.
Living with Allergies
Allergies and asthma usually can't be cured, but can be controlled with medications. Learn about the ways that a person can learn to live with their allergies in a healthy, happy way.
- Interpreting Pollen Counts
- Skin Care Techniques for Skin Allergies
- Living with Asthma
- How Allergies Affect Your Mood and Behavior
- Headaches and Allergies
- Inexpensive Allergy Treatments
- When Your Doctor Says It's Not Allergies
- Living with Food Allergies
Allergies in Children
Allergies in children can be quite different from those in adults -- children get different symptoms at different ages, respond differently to medications, and present special issues, such as dealing with allergies at school. Learn about these special situations, including the possible prevention of allergies in children, as well as the potential for children to outgrow allergies, such as with food allergies.
- Allergy Symptoms By Ages and Stages
- Preventing Allergies
- Skin Testing For Kids
- Allergies and Asthma At School
- Food Allergies at School
- Allergy Medicines For Kids
- Allergy Shots For Kids
- Most Common Food Allergies
- Outgrowing Food Allergies
- Outgrowing Asthma
Allergies and Asthma in Pregnancy
A common concern of pregnant and breastfeeding women is whether it is to take medication for allergies and asthma. Many women also find that their allergies or asthma gets much worse during pregnancy, and want to know what medications are preferred in pregnancy. Learn why stopping all allergy and asthma medications during pregnancy may be the worst thing to do.
- Allergies in Pregnancy
- Asthma in Pregnancy
- Asthma Worse During Menstrual Period
- Safe Allergy Medicines During Pregnancy