The Asmanex Twisthaler is an easy-to-use inhaled steroid for the control of symptoms of persistent asthma. The correct use of this device will help the medication work better.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Hold the bottom of the Asmanex Twisthaler device in one hand, and twist off the cap by unscrewing it in a counter-clockwise direction.
- When the cap is removed, the dose of medication is automatically loaded into the inhaler device, and the dose-counter at the base of the inhaler will count down by one number.
- Hold the Twisthaler up to the mouth, making a tight seal with the lips around the tip of the inhaler.
- Take a long, deep breath, sucking in from the Twisthaler. Hold the breath for 5 to 10 full seconds, then relax and exhale normally.
- Screw the cap back onto the inhaler using a clockwise motion until the cap is securely attached to the inhaler.
- Repeat steps 1 through 5 for each of the prescribed number of inhalations.
- Throughly rinse your mouth and/or brush your teeth after using any inhaled steroid, including the Asmanex Twisthaler.
What You Need