The following is a list of foods containing tartrazine:
- Certain breakfast cereals
- Aproten (low protein pasta products)
- Refrigerated rolls and quick breads
- Cake mixes
- Commercial pies
- Commercial gingerbread
- Chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Commercial frostings
- Ready-to-eat canned puddings
- Certain instant and regular puddings
- Certain ice creams and sherbets
- Certain candy coatings
- Hard candies
- Colored marshmallows
- Flavored carbonated beverages
- Flavored drink mixes
Learn more about adverse reactions to food additives.
- 1. Wilson BG, Bahna SL. Adverse Reactions of Food Additives. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2005; 95:499-507.
- 2. Bush RK, Taylor SL, Hefle SL. Adverse Reactions to Food and Drug Additives. In: Adkinson NF, Yunginger JW, Busse WW, et al, eds. Middleton’s Allergy Principles and Practice. 6th edition. Philadelphia: Mosby Publishing; 2003:1645-1663.
- 3. Lakness J. Allergy Elimination Diets. In: Lawlor GJ, Fischer TJ, Adelman DC, eds. Manual of Allergy and Immunology. 3rd ed. Boston: Little, Brown and Co;1995:559-60.
DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this site is for educational purposes only, and should not be used as a substitute for personal care by a licensed physician. Please see your physician for diagnosis and treatment of any concerning symptoms or medical condition.