Equate SPF 50
- OMG got severe rash wherever I applied.. First time when I got this I went to urgent care doctor said I got polymorphous light eruption.. So I avoided gng out in sun.. Today I used equate sun screen and got similar rash.. Very very itchy... I'm gonna try going out in sun again and check...
- —Guest Niveda
Coppertone sport spray- hit or miss?!?
- My son has a severe octocrylene and fragrance allergies. We use Coppertone sport spray on, but the recipe they use changes all the time. For a while, we could only get 30 spf with no octocrylene in it, then it was the 50. Now it is back to the 30. We have to look every time we buy it. Sometime 2 bottle of the same spf sitting on the shelf are not the same. One will have 4% octocrylene and one will be octocrylene free.
- —Guest jason kern
The only sunscreen I'm not allergic to
- The first time I noticed that I was alleggic to sunscreen was when I was 8 and we were at Disney World. I used sunscreen on my legs,arms.back, face and broke out really badly. I had tiny very itchy bumps on the areas where the sunscreen was applied. So about a year ago when I was 18 my aunt and I went to Walmart and asked the lady that worked there what she recommended since I broke out and she said Aveeno is a good sunscreen protection. I used it and it i didn't break out from it at all.
- —Guest D"wayna
Banana Boat Kids SPF 50
- PABA free, hypoallergenic, water resistant. Sounds great? Nope. Welts/ rash on face, neck and arms (only where i used it). Not on shoulders though as they are covered by clothing. Sun reacts to it and its itchy and looks like bites on arms. Been a few days now. Never again. I suspect the parabens and other salicates in it. Heads up... terribly uncomfortable eapecially face and arms. I expect another week or so... *sigh*
- —Guest P.A.
ALLERGIC REACTION TO 60 SPF BABY SUNSCRE
- BROKE OUT IN WELTS,,ALL OVER FACE, DID NOT USE ON LOWER BODY,ONLY FACE, WOKE UP TO A LEPOR LOOK, GIANT ERUPTIONS OF RED, RAISED BUMPS ALL OVER FACE, THOUGHT IT WAS BED BUGS, BUT ONLY ON FACE, RUINED ALL VACATION HAD TO STAY IN , NOT BE SEEN ,LOOKED SO BAD, BE AWARE ,. TEST TRIAL PRIOR TO USE , NOT ON YOUR FACE.
- —Guest ANITA
- I had the same problem until my dermatologist suggested I try LA Roche posay products. I use their Hydraphase UV spf 30. With no reaction. Took me a long time find a sunscreen that didn't cause itchy little bumps. Try it.
- —Guest Jaymee
Allergic to PABA?
- I'm allergic to PABA in sunscreens. My face is especially sensitive. When I was in Aruba and visited the Aloe Vera plant I learned all their sunscreens are PABA free. I've never had a problem with these products, even on my face.
- —Guest Tina T
Allergic to the sun and also sunscreens
- I'm still wondering why this happened to me. It started about 5 years ago when I had rashes after exposing to the sun during a hiking event. Back then I thought it was caused by not applying a sunscreen. So the next time I opted for sunscreen and in within seconds of applying it, rashes was all over the affected area and started to itch. The rash would last up to 2 weeks. It happens everytime, and it is very frustrating.
- —Guest Cindy
Allergic reaction to sunscreen
- I found out when we moved by a lake that I was allergic! I had used NO AD SPORT. They gave me cortizon tabs and they stopped the itch. My Dr told me NO MORE CHEAP sunscreen. THIS SUMMER I hit Mexico with some Ocean Potion (sport) and BAM I had a reaction! They have tried 3 diff things now and NON of them work. I am going to have to tell them Cortizon tabs PLEASE! My recent is diaper rash cream! My legs are SNOW WHITE with it and I smell like a dead fish! IF ANYONE has any tips of over the counter that makes the itch STOP PLEASE! Pass it along! EMAIL ME! :) Im itching like I have flea's or have been rolling in poison ivy or a addict! :( ITS NOT FUN! And I have taken notes of any and all you have said on lotions to try. My Dr told me oil based lotion from now on STAY AWAY from any and all that say sports that is (suppose to stay on the skin longer) So if amy of my fellow sunscreen allergic comrades know any tips please let me know.
- —Guest Tonya
Sunscreen we use
- My 3 year old has an allergy and the only brand we can use is wotnot sunscreen. Abit greasy but it works.
- —Guest Caroline
i use baby sunblock
- no sunblock i have tried have worked and since that, i have stop using any. i recently tried neutrogena baby sunbloc spf 50+ and it worked
- —Guest marisela
allergic to sunscreen possible fix
- My 2 year old son is allergic to sunscreen. He was fine last summer but this year he can't wear any. I have done a lot of research on the matter and it seems that it is the chemicals that soak into your skin that cause the reaction. Zinc oxide is a chemical that sits on the skin and so it won't cause a reaction.For my son I decided to try diaper cream. Sounds crazy, I know, but it is 13% zinc oxide and it blends into the skin a little better so you don't see all the cream. I still limit his time in direct sun to 30 min if we are at the pool and make him wear a hat just to be extra safe, but so far he hasn't gotten a sunburn so it must be working. Obviously you should check with your dermatologist to make sure just the zinc oxide will protect you from all spectrums, etc., but if you just want to go to the park with your kids, lather on the diaper cream. I use aveeno's baby soothing relief diaper rash cream. Hope this helps:)
- —Guest amy
Kiss My Face
- Whenever I use sunblock I end up with hives wherever sunblock as touched! My reactions aren't as severe as what others have posted but the majority of sunblocks leaves me feeling pretty miserable. I found a brand called Kiss My Face whose sunblock line doesn't cause any sort of reaction. I tried my friend's sunblock and it didn't cause me any discomfort!
- —Guest Grace
sun burn and spf allergic
- am dark skin and i get severe sun burn even with the spf what works out there? i have three kids that i need to spend time with in the park.
- —Guest black
Allergic to anything with SPF
- I can relate to this. I discovered my sunscreen allergy 6 years ago. I suffered a lot. Since I had so much activities under the sun, I've tried using a sunscreen lotion. After a few hours, I felt itchy all over my body and blisters started coming out. The following days, I had to cover myself because my skin was getting worst and watery. It was terrible. Until now, I couldn't find any sunscreen lotion that would work to my skin. Not just skin lotion, anything that has SPF doesn't work to me. I am still wondering what specific chemical must be present to the products with SPF that makes me allergic to.
- —Guest jenn