Shut the windows
- September 1st hit and my allergies were horrible (Wisconsin). I could barely move and needed allergy medicines and decongestants and antihistamines. Most everyone in the office had the same problem. Why? It had cooled off and we had turned off the air conditioner and opened our windows. We breathed in our allergens through the open window. I closed the windows, turned back on the A/C and I felt much better the next day.
- —Guest Vicky H
coping with allergies
- Use honey - in your tea, on your toast or by the teaspoonful - natures remedy for allergies. Tip - try to buy local honey - from your own area or local farm. ***Please read my article on eating local honey for allergies before following this tip. Dr More***
- —Guest psheldon
ALLERGY SHOTS AND HELPFUL ALERTS
- ALLERGY SHOTS I GREATLY RECOMMEND, CHANGING FILTERS, GENERIC MEDS, AND BEING MINDFUL OF SEASONAL AND PEAK TIMES OF ALLERGY ALERTS.
- —Guest LOWERY
2 meds that work for me
- i use singulair and flonase nasal spray to survive seasonal allergies.
- —Guest leomarie5
- I am a big believer in showering before bed whenever I've been outside - especially important during peak problem time. I also am religious in changing the sheets and pillowcaes weekly.
- —Guest mindy
COPING WITH ALLERGIES
- ALLEGRA IS A LIFE SAVER. TAKE IN THE A.M. FOR MORNING ALLERGIES AND IN THE P.M. FOR NIGHT-TIME DIFFICULTIES.
- —Guest DAWN J.
Jalaneti saved my life
- Let me champion jalaneti. I discovered nasal lavage ten years ago, and it has changed my life. I use a .9% saline, which duplicates the body's natural salinity, so it very soothing and does not sting tender nasal passages. I don't take oral medication and I haven't had a cold since I have been doing daily nasal lavage. During "pollen season" I neti morning and night, and I also neti if I have been out in public and exposed to colds or flu. On a highly personal note, let me tell you that loratadine causes erectile dysfunction, and will nullify female organism too. Those warning labels need to be read very carefully. Why tamper with your body's delicate balance, when jalaneti is cheap and uncomplicated. If anyone wants to know my saline formula, leave a note here and I will post it.
How did she (doctor) know?
- You rushed to the doctor, and, "No, I didn't have the swine flu." How the hell does the doctor know? Doesn't she have to take a culture, wait several days, and then inspect with an electron microscope? In general, I don;t believe the statistics, because of this. I know they don't do this for everyone who has the smiffles.
- —Guest Bill Graham
Year Round Allergies and Bronchitis
- So far, the only thing that works is a good walk by the ocean on a warm rather than cold day. Just breathing in clean air off the sea allows my entire respiratory system to clean out and clear up. Also, at night, I do not sleep with the window even a tiny bit open if I want to wake up free of irritation. During the day, avoid going out side when the air (wind) is active. But I also agree with the person from Scotland, I think we have terrible air in this country due to our success at growing things (from farming to gardens and trees).
- I have good results with Neti Pot and saline solutions, but also take Sudafed throughout the summer and fall. For some reason, fall is worse for my tendency to get sinus infections. I am already worried about getting one and it's early September! NE Ohio tends to get pretty damp and I think the mold and trees are what my nose really hates!
- —Guest sammyed
- I too had it but gargling with mild hot salt water is enough fit for this.
- —Guest Shashikant Patil
acupuncture for allergies
- I have had seasonal allergies all my life. I started acupuncture treatments a few months ago and have gotten through the worst allergy part of the year with only an occasional sneeze and no itchy eyes and without medication - a first. Was even able to work in putting up hay with out a problem - another first. So, in my case at least, I say acupuncture works.
- —Guest Emily LaBrenz
- In this season, some experts suggest closing the window of your house when the wind blows strongly outside, to prevent too much pollen come into your house. And further more, people suffering seasonal allergy symptoms can’t wash their face or hands using hot water and food with pungent flavor is not allowed, neither.
- —Guest rachellylei
all allergy relief
- I make up a batch of sun tea using Nettle Leaf. This has worked on all allergies, especially mold!
- —Guest sue o
- Querectin works for me! Can get on sale for approx $20 a bottle.
- —Guest Guest