From the article: Urticaria and Angioedema
I see alot of people in my clinic with hives. Nearly every one of them has some suspicion of what their cause. From foods to medicines, and toiletries to travel, most people with hives have some idea what is triggering their symptoms. Share your story about what you think caused your hives, and read about others' experiences. Share Your Experiences
- I have had hives before. Once a long time ago. Then 4 days ago, I woke up at 2am itchy, burning, and unbearable. It was on my face and around both of my knees. The next day, the hives moved to my wrists. A day later, they were gone. I am taking Zoloft and the day after, when they were gone, I didn't take my medication for 2 days. I had no hives. On the 3rd day, I developed hives again. Its the only thing I can think of that is causing the hives, but why after a year and a half, I have all of a sudden developed an allergy to it?
- —Guest djwolfiepaws
what to take for hives
- I have had hives for 3 years and need an anti histamine every day to stop it. there are 2 types: loretadine, which doesn't work for me or centrazine hydrochloride 10mg, which works the best. sorry about spelling mistakes. I didn't sleepfor nearly 6 weeks and drove me mental nearly hahaha but take the pills people but make sure you try both.. I cant live without them.
- —Guest angie spelmanb
After MANY long years I found the answer
- Gluten! I quit eating it, And it is in lots of foods, but I rarely need to take an allergy pill. Please research this on the web as it is very common among hive sufferers. Good luck!
- —Guest Susan
never had them before
- Ok I made an healthy decision to juice..I've noticed a week after I started to get these bumps all over my body..I never had hives before and started juicing.They began to be profound more and more until I resulted to benadryl..well I stopped juicing for a week now and I m still get them with everything I consume..I try to stay away from sugars and caffeine..I even get them with oatmeal and diary products ..what have I done to my body
- —Guest Nikki
- Had hives for a year and a half. The only medicine that helps is vistaril which i can take weekly and it stays in my system long enough. Benadryl only works for a few hours for me and when i tried it i think i messed up my kidneys. Now i have reoccuring kidney infections.. about to do a kidney cleanse. I hope this fixes my hives too.
- —Guest suzi...
- Hives for 6 weeks. I believe the culprit was Goo Gone. Citrus cleaner. I broke out in horrible hives, and went on 4 rounds of steroids. Had a headache which seemed like forever from the steroids. When I went to use it again itching started immediately. My husbands relative had the same issue.
- —Guest Trenken50
Every where there they are
- I have had hives on and off again for at least a yr now my first time having them i was 12 i had a wool blanket on and got them all over my stomach now at 25 i have had them this whole year maby longer they have gotten worse my scapl itches my back legs ears every where they some times look like whelps and get worse when i scratch them Benadryl has not worked it just makes me sleepy idk what to do and i don't know whats causing this could be metalmy sweat heat or just when something has come into conct with my skin this is when it happens have not been stressed tho
- —Guest Itchy ugh
- I have in the past broken out into mild hives do to reaction to foods, however I experienced something different recently. A while back at a hotel pool, I was in the hot tub and broke out into hives on my legs, arms, and stomach. I assumed it was the chlorine or had to do with the chemicals in the water so I just steered clear of the hot tub. However the pool was fine? Then, yesterday, I was in my friends hot tub for about 15 minutes and noticed i started to react. Once I got out of the water I was fine. Do you think hot water could really affect me in that way? Why hasnt heat in general bothered me before (ex: shower)
- —Guest eks
Nightmares and hive
- Woke up having a horrific nightmare and within a few minutes I had hives on my legs
- —Guest Wendy
Don't want to deal with this anymore
- I've been getting hives for since I was 15 and it hasn't stopped since every day I have them there isn't one day that goes by I don't have hives. I'm sick of it and I've tried everything in the rx and home I need help.. I've been to the doctor and all they say it's from stress. Witch who isn't. I don't Want to deal with this anymore I want to rip my skin off some Days. Some days the hives are more intense. ***Please ask your doctor to refer you to another doctor who specializes in treating hives, such as an allergist or dermatologist. If you've already been seeing a specialist, ask to be referred to a university center for a second opinion. - Dr. More.***
- —Guest Rodney
- I have been getting hives since I was 13. My first time was the worst. My body was covered. Now I am 28 and I still get them but thankfully not as bad. When I get stressed out is when they appear and it's always on my face. Now my 16 month old is getting them. I use oatmeal baths to help relieve the itch and it works wonders!! I just hope he doesn't struggle with them like I do.
- —Guest Guest Ashley
My Problems with Hives
- I was about 10 yrs. old when I had my first outbreak of hives--giant hives. My face and lips swelled up and large swellings appeared on my body. The itching wasn't too bad. I had no allergies, so the doctor put it down to stress over my piano lessons! As an adult, I developed hives (the small, red bumps that itch badly) after taking multiple shots of penicillin for a staph and strep infection. My hip also swelled up. Diagnosis was allergy to penicillin. I had two other episodes of hives after taking other medications. Now I have the itchy red hives again for the second time in a month. I can't imagine what is causing them this time. I do have anxiety syndrome (panic attacks) which has developed over the last three years. I have not been taking new meds or using new products on my body lately. Benadryl helps somewhat. I'm at a loss at what to do next.
- —Guest Millie
- I've had hives my whole life . any time I exercise, sweat ,sweep the house or outside in the cold running with the kids I went to the doctor he said there the toxins that are trying to escape through the sweat glands
- —Guest d
- Been getting hives on and off for a few years and have found that the only natural product to stop the itching is Chickweed, couldn´t live without it not only does it work on hives but we also use it on bites and anything that itches. You can buy it in a balm or ointment what best is it means I don´t have to take anything stronger.
- —Guest HenryDude
- I've had hives or itchy skin for about 10 days now, I thought it was going away but its back with a force. I'm taking anti-hystermines during day and night but at times it totally over whelms me. Just want to rip my skin off. I had a virus and I've been left with this. Nightmare
- —Guest di2mow
1-15 of 70Next